My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Saturday 21 May 2011

Crew turns one! (2 months ago...I am late!)

I know....this post is long overdue! Better late than never. I can't believe Crew had his first birthday! It was soooo much fun. I know I enjoyed it more than he did. My Mom made this awesome monkey cake. And she made a special monkey cupcake all for Crew (just his size) that looked identical to this cake. It was so cute, and he basically ate the entire cupcake. That was his first time having chocolate, and basically his first time having sugar. Needless to say, he LOVED it. He was a bit hesitant at first to get messy, but he got over that fast! It was such a fun day! My family was here along with Zach, Liesl, and
Derek's grandparents, Bill and Iona. It was so great to have all of his favorite people over! He got the cake all over his face and loved it! I couldn't stop laughing and how funny he was eating his cake, it was such a mess. He basically couldn't care less about opening the presents. He got some cute outfits, new toys and a really fun book! I had no idea that his first birthday party would be so much fun for me. I guess I just relished in every minute. I loved that everyone was loving him and having a great time watching my cute little man! I love him so much and can't wait for the many more birthdays we will have
with him. It is crazy that an entire year has past. I remember when I was still counting how old he was in days. It all seems to have flown by. It has been so much fun watching him grow and learn. He has brought so much joy and love to our lives!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard that first birthday parties are more for the parents than the kids...but they are just so stinkin' cute! Congrats on the baby boy (maybe)! And BTW Crew looks like his daddy!

    ReplyDelete